2019 SABA-SD Scholarship sponsored by Jones Day.
Sachin Bhatmuley is a third-year law student at the University of San Diego School of Law. Prior to law school, Sachin worked at Qualcomm where, among other things, he pitched, established, and ran a technology incubator in India. Upon graduation, Sachin is keen to pursue his legal career in the areas of Intellectual Property and Technology Law. Sachin is passionate about helping emerging market innovators protect and monetize their intellectual property. Sachin has traveled extensively in Africa, India, and Southeast Asia helping various technology companies. Sachin holds an MBA from San Diego State University where he graduated at the top of his class, and an MS in Electrical Engineering from Cleveland State University.
SABA-San Diego will be awarding the SABA-SD Scholarship ($5,000), sponsored by Klinedinst PC, to a deserving law student who has demonstrated academic achievement and a commitment to the South Asian community.
Interested Applicants should submit the following materials, no later than October 16, 2021:
1. Your resume;
2. Your 1-2 page Personal Statement detailing why you believe you are the most qualified candidate for the scholarship. Your Personal Statement should include your views on one or more of the following topics:
- a. How your involvement in the South Asian community or in SABA-SD has contributed to your academic development;
- b. How you hope to contribute to SABA-SD or the South Asian community after graduation;
- c. What reasons compelled you to pursue a career in the law; or
- d. What you find most interesting, challenging, or fulfilling about your education; AND
3. Academic Records. Either an official transcript or law school registrar’s letter of good standing if an official transcript is unavailable. [New first year law students: because you do not yet have law school grades, please provide an official copy of your undergraduate transcript.]
Selection factors may include but are not limited to: (1) academic standing; (2) past, current or future public service to the South Asian community and other diverse communities; and/or (3) financial need.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE SENT VIA E-MAIL TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
The SABA-SD Scholarship recipient will be informed on or before November 7, 2020 and must attend the November 2020 SABA-SD Annual Dinner to receive the Scholarship.